croaking my yakkings

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Parenting.


 We are family.

Wow! It's a little heavy and a bit intimidating topic for me to write since I'm only a mother to a 10month old baby girl. Something moved me to write about this. Thanks to Syairah (my niece), who sought for my advice (although I'm not the best person around!) about relationship between parents and children. Parenting, in my opinion is very subjective and individual. As we know generally, it is a process of raising and educating a child from birth, or before, until the child reaches adulthood. What we don't know is what method and which is the best for us to practise while raising the child. This is very interesting as everyone has different ways of how they want to nurture and bring up their children. Apart from that, we wouldn't know sometimes, children themselves are too complex and complicated for us, parents to fathom what's playing on their minds and hearts. I can't write much about this title as I myself am still learning about parenting but one thing I am certain about is that I will strive to be the best parent to my children, InsyaAllah. I've read few books about parenting and guess what? Each and every one of them is dissimilar and distinct. So, it dawned to me that parenting is actually a journey consist of a lot of paths and choices for parents to choose to bring up their children in their own special means. Being a parent is challenging and requires great amount of effort. No one is well equiped and prepared to be a parent in this world. You just got to go with the flow and the combined positive approach to help your children grow happily without any pressure (that includes you, too). I've seen good parenting and I've seen poor parenting, I mean a really really bad one! However, I still believe that one is given the opportunity to do and choose what's the best for oneself, so people, choose wisely and you know what's best for you and your children. This will be a test for me in bringing up my beloved children, which I'll be evaluated by Him, The Almighty. I hope I can do well and accomplish it with flying colours. I want to be a better parent than my parents and I hope I can be the best parents to my children. Amin.

2 comments:

  1. hello, hidayah! you've got one nice blog here... i had started blogging just a few days ago, if you have time, please visit my blog and maybe we can talk about parenting... love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hidayahshafiz11/23/2011 10:24 am

    Dear Mom.of.Three,
    Thanks for dropping by. Yup, I'm open to share my experience of motherhood with you. You must be hectic with your heroes. Thanks again. We'll keep in touch.

    Love,

    Hidayah@D.

    ReplyDelete