Everyone is beautiful in their own ways. How they want to dress themselves is really up to them. Fashion isn't just about donning the latest trend of clothes on your body or stuffing your feet into those killer heels (you know what I mean by that. It's killing your feet!) but it's about your personal style. The one that is pretty decent. The one that looks presentable on you. The one that fits and flows in you incredibly stunning. The one that does not need to KILL you (physically and financially!) and most of all the one that makes you feel comfortable and makes you feel YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL as who you are.
I was a person who is too conscious on how I look like but I am no longer that person. I accept myself as it is. I began to accept other people as they are. Everyone is unique and exceptional. Fashion, again, is just a guideline on how you want to wear whatever you want to wear.
Editorial critique, guidelines and commentary can be found everywhere like in newspapers, magazines and websites to educate us about fashion and all. It is something beneficial in trying to find what suits you best. You just have to find it and make it your distinct style. I'm in no man's land when it comes to fashion let alone writing about it but I believe it is up to the individual on how and what they want to put on on their body.
Recently, I attended my sister in law's photography exhibition held at her bistro. It's kind of celebrating and appreciating the people and the beauty of Nepal. She took some amazingly magnificent and breathtaking photographs while trekking there. Fashion in Nepal? The people there are as fashionable as the New Yorkers in their own ways! One of the photos that caught my eye is Lady in Red, captured by Abang Arif. It was a lady in red saree. It is simple but divinely beautiful. Fashion it is!
I myself was a bit fashionable that day too. Got myself an emerald green saree last year but no chance of wearing it due to my pregnancy, so I wore it to the exhibition. I love it regardless, if there was any one who didn't like it. That's none of my concern. I felt fantastic wearing it and yes I was very comfortable and I love that feeling! Woohoo!!!
I took some photos with the people I love and would like to share it with all of you. Enjoy it!
Myself in the emerald green saree.
With the one I want to grow old with forever, my loving husband Shafiz Yusof.
My tough and rough little cookie.
My ever amazingly great Mom-in-law.
My super sweet Sis-in-law, Kak Roy.
Us with the ever talented Kak Soraya, the magnificent photographer.
My ever understanding and caring little brother, Hairul.
Gorgeous Syairah and moi.
My cheeky and naughty nephew, Syahiran.
My handsome nephews cum bodyguards, Ushuaia and Syahir.
No comments:
Post a Comment