croaking my yakkings

Sunday, 4 September 2011

Smile :-)


Salam to all. Happy celebrating Eid ul-Fitr to all Muslims around the world. It is indeed a  celebration of victory surviving the fasting month, the Holy Ramadhan, Alhamdullillah. "It is time for kindness and forgiveness amongst all", so my husband said. Well, it is indeed. It is time for us to purify our hearts and souls from guilt and evil. So, why don't we start with a SMILE? Yup, just a simple smile can make the world a better place to live in. However, how many of us actually really practise that? The reason I came up with this topic is because what happened earlier today at a shopping mall while I was doing some groceries shopping. I was standing at the Maybank ATM to withdraw some cash and there was a family standing and some seating not very far from me. I thought, hey it's Raya and why not just give s smile to all those strangers since I am in a happy jovial mood. Well, I tried (but maybe not hard enough!) to be as sincere as I could while throwing my smile to them, somehow I guess they just didn't get it! Yes! None of them smiled back to me. Am I surprised? Nope. Realising this, I just un-smiled myself, got things done and moved on. Like I care about that! I did, and that is the problem! I did care. It is so difficult for one to be friendly and kind towards another soul. It's a real hard work for a stranger to give a smile to another stranger. I am still trying to pose my most genuine smile whenever I see strangers but most of the time it is mistakenly interpreted. So, I smile to people whom I think would smile back to me and still thinking I'm not a lunatic.Although a smile confuses an approaching frown, most people would rather frown than smile, isn't it right? Come on people, why not start a day with a smile and get it over with. Start your day with some love by smiling. It is priceless. Ohh! Everyone will smile to everyone only in Hidayah Land (that would be in my most pathetic dream!). Am still smiling, but with a very sly smile. Hehe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment