croaking my yakkings

Thursday, 26 July 2012

Beauty...



I don't know where to start and what to write actually. However, I'll try to spill it out okay. Beauty is so subjective. Well, that's my opinion. You need not agree or disagree with me. That's just an opinion.


I am amazed how I managed to find the time to beautify myself before. How I try my very best to mix and match my outfit with my accessories every time before I leave my house. Try to get the perfect shoes, handbags...yada,yada,yada... You name it all. The list goes on and on and on.


Now I am a mother of a soon to be 2 year old girl and InsyaAllah to another girl this coming November. Although I have a helper to assist me with so many things, I just find myself so difficult to get dressed nicely every day. Some of my friends probably envious of me because I have all the help that I need, but little that they know that I am still struggling even to get a decent shower every morning.


I am not that bothered to be well-dressed all the time lady I used to be. I choose comfort above fashion or style. I still force myself to dress accordingly to certain number of occasions like wedding, etc..but I just love to wear anything that I feel like wearing without paying much attention to other people who looked at me as if I come from another universe. Hehe...


Being pregnant is so amazing but it has taken its toll on my body, entirely. I didn't really have or feel the pregnancy glow like some people do in their pregnancy. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm just saying that sometimes things don't work out the way you wanted it, right? That's what happened to me. I got rashes all over especially at my joints, pimples started to rise like Mount Everest (never thought it would happen to me as I enjoyed flawless skin during my teen years!), stretch marks appeared at some parts of my belly even with generous amount of creams and oil I slabbed on it, yada,yada,yada...again.


Well, I can write all about the ugliness that I encounter during my pregnancy till the cows come home, but that is not what I really want to share with all of you here. WE ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY! WE ARE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY WE ARE! Isn't it true?


Despite of all the pimples, the itchiness, the stretch marks, the varicose veins, the cellulite, yada,yada, yada...We forgot to tell ourselves that at the end of the day, the beauty within, inside you as a person is more important that just the beauty on the outside. We forgot to praise ourselves that we are beautiful in so many different ways.


We stop and stare at others who are different and maybe sometimes giving them some unpleasant remarks without knowing who the person really is. The person may look sloppy and untidy but that doesn't mean they don't care about their dressing. The person may look like a lazy mother who has wardrobe malfunction but maybe she just got puked by her kid and has no time to change.


I am happy and proud to say that I am beautiful. Sometimes I get too sloppy and slatternly dressed but I am still beautiful. Praise to my husband who always shower me with tonnes and tonnes of compliments of how divinely beautiful I am even when I am just wearing my pyjamas to go to the supermarket without a hint of makeup. Haha!


To all Supermoms out there. It's okay if you don't look fashionable or stylish. You're just being a mother. All mothers are beautiful in so many ways, not just based on the clothes you wear or lipstick you slick on your lips. You are just BEAUTIFUL.


I AM BEAUTIFUL. EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL and that is my definition of BEAUTY.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment